We were down a Cheatgan this week so I tried to design a simple menu, but I had to try at least one semi complicated dish because I just couldn’t wait to see how it turned out. I’ll write a separate post about Chicken-pea Stew.
In retrospect, the kale dish and the spinach dish are a little too similar. I think I was overzealous because we hadn’t had greens in a while. And I know the coconut is a cheat, but I had a specific craving and this was better than getting a big bowl of coconut curry from a thai restaurant.
Remember to check back later for feedback about what we liked and didn’t like. Just because it’s on the menu doesn’t mean I endorse it. Sometimes things are just gross but I like to post the menu right after Cook Day before I forget.
Snacks, lunch stuff, and breakfast:
- 2 cups bean dip – White Bean and Pecan Pate (The Great Vegan Bean Book)
- Half a gallon bag of sliced raw veggies, carrot, jicama and fennel, cucumber for snacking, salads and wraps
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 3-5lbs whole roasted yukon potatoes for snacking or lunches
- 10 ears corn on the cob for snacking or lunches
- brown rice
- Thousand Island dressing
- Chopped green onions, 1 bunch, for salads and wraps
- Fresh fruit for breakfast and snacks
- The vodka sauce had WAY too much vodka! We couldn’t really eat it.
- The Chicken-pea Stew was a hit even when I cooked it for my husband’s family.
- The pate wasn’t anything special but if you spread it on a piece of toast with a thin layer of the Thousand Island Dressing it… and I know this sounds crazy… but it kind of tasted like fried fish!?!