After last week’s bean and lentil feast I was craving some green veg. I forgot how good this broccoli soup is! And I wasn’t the only one. Everyone loved it, and the toddler liked it so much he had four bowls… well, most of four bowls. If you’ve ever see a toddler eat soup you know what I mean.
Snacks, lunch stuff, and breakfast:
– 2 cups bean dip
– Cerignola Olive Hummus
– Half a gallon bag of sliced raw veggies, bell pepper, jicama and fennel for snacking, salads and wraps
– Black Bean Brownies (still perfecting this recipe)
– 3-5lbs whole roasted red potatoes for snacking or lunches
– 10 ears corn on the cob for snacking or lunches
– 6 cups of cooked Jasmine Brown Rice and Forbidden Black Rice, for breakfast, salads, wraps
– Sweet Asian Chili
– pre-washed greens
– Chopped green onions, 1 bunch, for salads and wraps
– Fresh fruit for breakfast and snacks – 2c vegan Parmesan cheese
– The Mexican Caviar never fails. It’s so fast, easy, and good. I keep expecting to get sick of it but it hasn’t happened yet.
– The Creamy Zucchini Sauce was ok but it still needs something.
– The soup was crazy good and I’ll be making it a lot more!
– The rice was disappointing, as all my grain based dishes usually are. It was only saved by lots of sweet chili sauce and hot sauce.
– The hummus was made with my favorite type of olive, the Cerignola Olive. It was just a basic hummus recipe with olive meat thrown in and blended down completely. I didn’t put enough for it to really taste like olives, they just gave the hummus a slight unctuous flavor. After a day for the flavors to really meld, even my olive hating husband liked it!